By Editor on 29th July 2017
The powerful irrigation controller, the Tonick RM-2, has been enhanced with further software:
- A special software option for correctly watering trees.
- Flow learning and flow checking of individual stations
The RM-2 is controllable through the Internet, using WiFi or 3G and from an optional HMI display, mounted inside the cabinet. Unlike other controllers, a 3rd party Cloud server is not necessary. Customers operating city-wide networks may configure their own, using Modbus or DNP-3
The RM-2 will operate the following decoders and sensor decoders.
- TW/2W; legacy ‘Watermation’ decoders.
- TK-DEC-1; legacy landscape decoder.
- TW/NT; latest 2wire decoders with optional customer-proprietary signalling and with diagnostic LED.
- DIAS; The revolutionary Decoder In A Solenoid; 2 way for smaller valves and 3 way for large. Thread adaptors are available for most popular valves, as is optional customer-proprietry signalling
- Sensor Decoder Range: Moisture, Pressure, Tank/Well level, Flow, Digital inputs, Combination- Master Valve/Pressure/Flow.
The maximum capacity of a single RM-2 controller is 508 valves and 60 sensor decoders. A single Master Valve and an essentially unlimited number of sub-master valves can be operated.